Headache pain is a very frequent complaint that we see daily in our clinic in Harrisburg, PA. Experts estimate that over 70% of people suffer from frequent headache pain, so if you suffer too, you're not alone.
Headaches can have a variety of causes. It can stem from stress, traumas, poor posture, or just everyday activities. Dr. Blake has helped many patients in Harrisburg, PA recover from chronic headaches, and we can most likely help you too.
First, we'll do a detailed check-up to ascertain the root reason of your headache pain. Next, using a range of methods, we'll help reestablish your spine's normal functioning to reduce strain on your body and nervous system. Most of our patients see a rapid improvement in their signs or symptoms.
If you are near our clinic in Harrisburg, PA and you suffer the pain of chronic headaches, give our office a call at (717) 657-2561 today to make an appointment or get more information.
Racicki S, et al. Conservative physical therapy management for the treatment of cervicogenic headache: a systemic review. Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy 2013; 21(2): 113-124.
Jahangiri JN, Vatankhah N, and Baradaran HR. Reduction of Current Migraine Headache Pain Following Neck Massage and Spinal Manipulation. Journal of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. 2012; 5(1): 5–13.
Shoulder discomfort is a problem reported by many auto collision patients, and there are two common explanations.
The first is direct injury to the shoulder during the crash. If your shoulder strikes something directly, it can damage the joint capsule. Also, if you are gripping the steering wheel firmly during a rear-end crash, your torso can lag behind the car, putting strain on your wrists and shoulders.
The second cause of shoulder pain is less straightforward and can be tougher to identify. Shock to the neck or back can create tension on the nerve fibers that travel from the spine to your shoulder, arm, and hands. This can be perplexing, as the painful sensation or numbness is sensed in one part of your body, while the problem is actually in your spine.
Chiropractic care is a proven, reliable way to help people with shoulder problems, and we've been helping these types of injuries in Harrisburg, PA since 1983.
If you've been in an auto collision and have symptoms of shoulder injury, Dr. Blake is here to help. We can help identify the underlying source of your problem and develop a plan of action to help you restore your health. We've helped many patients in Harrisburg, PA heal from these sorts of problems.
Call our office today at (717) 657-2561 for an appointment or for more advice.
Most people are aware of the fact that chiropractic care can help minimize back pain. Still, there are some perks of visiting a chiropractor consistently that are less well-known. These advantages may just improve your life and overall well-being.
Positive aspects of chiropractic medicine include:
- It promotes natural healing. While most other treatments include the use of medications and potentially surgery or injections, chiropractic medicine encourages your body in treating itself naturally.
- It may boost your immunity. Studies have demonstrated that chiropractic adjustments lead to a down-regulating in pro-inflammatory cyotkines and elevate the number of antibodies present in the body which may assist immunologic function.
- It can minimize digestive troubles. If you have a difficult time with digestion, consistent chiropractic appointments can often ease symptoms.
- You sleep better. When you’re not encumbered by spinal pain, your standard of sleep improves, enabling you to feel more energized and focused.
- It can decrease your blood pressure. Anytime your spine is out of place, things like your blood pressure won't be maintained properly, elevating your risk of these types of health issues.
- It can sharpen your balance. The more durable and healthy the spine is, the easier it is to balance, potentially preventing a personal injury due to a lack of stability like a slip and fall
Experience these benefits and more when you go to Dr. Blake of Blake Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Harrisburg, PA. Call and arrange your next visit today!
Alcantra, J and Mayer DM. The successful chiropractic care of pediatric patients with chronic constipation: A case series and selective review of the literature. Clinical Chiropractor 2008. 11 (3) 138-47.
Bakris G, Dickholtz M, Meyer PM, Kravitz G, et al. Atlas vertebra realignment and achievement of arterial pressure goal in hypertensive patients: a pilot study. Journal of Human Hypertension 2007;21:347-352.
Knutson G.A. Significant changes in systolic blood pressure post vectored upper cervical adjustment vs resting control groups: a possible effect of the cervicosympathetic and/or pressor reflex. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapy 2001;24(2):101–109.
McMasters KL, et al. Blood pressure changes in African American patients receiving chiropractic care in a teaching clinic: a preliminary study. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 2013; 12(2): 55-59.